// CODE SNIPPET
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Refueling of material handling equipment shall be conducted in accordance with the following requirements:
- The engine shall be stopped during refueling, except as otherwise provided in rules promulgated by the commissioner.
- Open lights, flames, or spark-producing devices shall be kept at a safe distance while refueling an internal combustion engine.
- No person shall smoke or carry lighted smoking material in the immediate vicinity of the refueling area.
- "No smoking" signs shall be conspicuously posted in all fueling or fuel storage areas.
- Fuel shall be kept in containers that meet the requirements of the Fire Department.
- All other requirements of the Fire Department shall be satisfied.