// CODE SNIPPET
6.4.6 Refrigerated Display Case
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
- All refrigerated display cases shall conform to Section 18.104.22.168 and Tables 6.8.1-12 and 6.8.1-13.
- Lighting in refrigerated display cases and glass doors installed on walk-in coolers and walk-in freezers shall be controlled by one of the following:
- Automatic time-switch controls to turn off lights during nonbusiness hours: Timed overrides for display cases or walk-in coolers and walk-in freezers may be used to turn the lights on for up to one hour and shall automatically time out to turn the lights off.
- Motion sensor controls on each display case or walk-in door section that reduce lighting power by at least 50% within three minutes after the area within the sensor range is vacated.
- All low-temperature display cases shall incorporate temperature-based defrost termination control with a time-limit default. The defrost cycle shall terminate first on an upper temperature limit breach and second on a time limit breach.
- Antisweat heater controls shall reduce the energy use of the antisweat heater as a function of the relative humidity in the air outside the door or to the condensation on the inner glass pane.
Related Code Sections
6.4.6 Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning, Refrigerated Display Case
All refrigerated display cases shall conform to Section 22.214.171.124 and Tables 6.8.1-12 and 6.8.1-13 . Lighting in refrigerated display cases ...
Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings 2016 of Illinois > 6 Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning > 6.4 Mandatory Provisions > 6.4.6 Refrigerated Display Case
C403.10.3 [CE] Commercial Energy Efficiency, Refrigerated Display Cases (Mandatory)
Site-assembled or site-constructed refrigerated display cases shall comply with the following: Lighting and glass doors in refrigerated display ...
2018 Illinois Energy Conservation Code Standards for Privately Funded Commercial Facilities and Standards for Residential Buildings > 4 [CE] Commercial Energy Efficiency > C403 Building Mechanical Systems > C403.10 Refrigeration Equipment Performance > C403.10.3 Refrigerated Display Cases (Mandatory)
6.5.11 Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning, Refrigeration Systems
Refrigeration systems that comprise refrigerated display cases, walk-in coolers , or walk-in freezers connected to remote compressors, remote ...
Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings 2016 of Illinois > 6 Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning > 6.5 Prescriptive Path > 6.5.11 Refrigeration Systems
126.96.36.199 Lighting, Interior Lighting Power
to both open and glass-enclosed refrigerator and freezer cases. Lighting integral to food warming and food preparation equipment . Lighting ...
Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings 2016 of Illinois > 9 Lighting > 9.2 Compliance > 9.2.2 Prescriptive Requirements > 188.8.131.52 Interior Lighting Power
184.108.40.206 Scoping Requirements, Displays
New displays and written information shall be located and designed so that they may be seen by seated persons. New exhibits and signage displayed ...
2018 Illinois Accessibility Code > 2 Scoping Requirements > 202 Existing Buildings and Facilities > 202.5 Alterations to Qualified Historic Buildings and Facilities > 202.5.2 Alterations to Historically Interpreted Buildings > 220.127.116.11 Displays