Refrigerant piping shall not penetrate floors, ceilings or roofs.
- Penetrations connecting the basement and the first floor.
- Penetrations connecting the top floor and a machinery penthouse or roof installation.
- Penetrations connecting adjacent floors served by the refrigeration system.
- Penetrations by piping in a direct system where the refrigerant quantity does not exceed Table 1103.1 for the smallest occupied space through which the piping passes.
- In other than industrial occupancies and where the refrigerant quantity exceeds Table 1103.1 for the smallest space, penetrations for piping that connects separate pieces of equipment that are either: