C406.7 Reduced Energy Use in Service Water Heating
Buildings shall be of the following types to use this compliance method:
- Group R-1: Boarding houses, hotels or motels.
- Group I-2: Hospitals, psychiatric hospitals and nursing homes.
- Group A-2: Restaurants and banquet halls or buildings containing food preparation areas.
- Group F: Laundries.
- Group R-2.
- Group A-3: Health clubs and spas.
- Buildings showing a service hot water load of 10 percent or more of total building energy loads, as shown with an energy analysis as described in Section C407.
The building service water-heating system shall have one or more of the following that are sized to provide not less than 60 percent of the building's annual hot water requirements, or sized to provide 100 percent of the building's annual hot water requirements if the building shall otherwise comply with Section C403.9.5:
- Waste heat recovery from service hot water, heat-recovery chillers, building equipment, or process equipment.
- On-site renewable energy water-heating systems.