Section 1110 Recreational Facilities
Amusement rides shall provide at least one wheelchair space, amusement ride seat designed for transfer or transfer device.
- Amusement rides that are controlled or operated by the rider are not required to comply with this section.
- Amusement rides designed primarily for children, where children are assisted on and off the ride by an adult, are not required to comply with this section.
- Amusement rides that do not provide seats that are built-in or mechanically fastened shall not be required to comply with this section.
Accessible boat slips shall be provided in accordance with Table 1126.96.36.199. All units on the site shall be combined to determine the number of accessible boat slips required. Where the number of boat slips is not identified, each 40 feet (12 m) of boat slip edge provided along the perimeter of the pier shall be counted as one boat slip for the purpose of this section.
Exception: Boat slips not designed for embarking or disembarking are not required to be accessible or be on an accessible route.
|TOTAL NUMBER OF BOAT SLIPS PROVIDED||MINIMUM NUMBER OF REQUIRED ACCESSIBLE BOAT SLIPS|
|1 to 25||1|
|26 to 50||2|
|51 to 100||3|
|101 to 150||4|
|151 to 300||5|
|301 to 400||6|
|401 to 500||7|
|501 to 600||8|
|601 to 700||9|
|701 to 800||10|
|801 to 900||11|
|901 to 1000||12|
|1001 and over||12, plus 1 for every 100, or fraction thereof, over 1,000|
Miniature golf courses shall be configured so that the accessible holes are consecutive. Miniature golf courses shall provide an accessible route from the last accessible hole to the course entrance or exit without requiring travel through any other holes on the course.
Exception: One break in the sequence of consecutive holes shall be permitted provided that the last hole on the miniature golf course is the last hole in the sequence.
- Catch pools or a designated section of a pool used as a terminus for a water slide flume shall not be required to provide an accessible means of entry, provided that a portion of the catch pool edge is on an accessible route.
- Where spas or hot tubs are provided in a cluster, at least 5 percent, but not less than one spa or hot tub in each cluster, shall be accessible and be on an accessible route.
- Swimming pools, wading pools, spas and hot tubs that are required to be accessible by Sections 1110.2.2 and 1110.2.3 are not required to provide accessible means of entry into the water.