Ready-mixed concrete shall be mixed and delivered in accordance with the requirements of ASTM C 94 or ASTM C 685.
Concrete plants shall be certified by the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (NRMCA), the Concrete Industry Board Concrete Producer Certification Program, or other program acceptable to the department, and shall comply with the rules of the department. Concrete producers shall have their plants inspected quarterly and have their scales and trucks certified. In fulfilling this certification requirement, the concrete producer may present certification by either a New York City government agency, or by the New York State Department of Transportation subject to the approval of the commissioner.
Batch tickets shall accompany every load of concrete delivered to a site. The batch ticket shall contain the information specified in Items 1 through 7:
- Plant name and location.
- Contract number and project.
- Mix designation as to type and strength.
- Each material in the load along with quantities of each by weight.
- The total amount of mix proportion water approved, quantity of water added at the plant and in transit, and the remaining water that can be added on site.
- Any deviations from the approved concrete mix design and variations permitted by Section 1905.3.5.
- The time the water was added to the batch.
A copy of each batch ticket shall be given to the licensed concrete testing laboratory special inspector performing the acceptance testing at the delivery of each load. The licensed laboratory shall maintain copies of the batch tickets along with other inspection reports required by Section 1704.1, and make them available to the department upon request.