// CODE SNIPPET
Section M1406 Radiant Heating Systems
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Radiant panels installed on wood framing shall conform to the following requirements:
- Heating panels shall be installed parallel to framing members and secured to the surface of framing members or mounted between framing members.
- Mechanical fasteners shall penetrate only the unheated portions provided for this purpose. Panels shall not be fastened at any point closer than 1/4 inch (6.4 mm) to an element. Other methods of attachment of the panels shall be in accordance with the panel manufacturer's instructions.
- Unless listed and labeled for field cutting, heating panels shall be installed as complete units.
Radiant heating systems installed in concrete or masonry shall conform to the following requirements:
- Radiant heating systems shall be identified as being suitable for the installation, and shall be secured in place as specified in the manufacturer's installation instructions.
- Radiant heating panels or radiant heating panel sets shall not be installed where they bridge expansion joints unless protected from expansion and contraction.
Finish materials installed over radiant heating panels or systems shall be installed in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. Surfaces shall be secured so that nails or other fastenings do not pierce the radiant heating elements.