R317.2 Quality Mark
The required quality mark on each piece of pressure-preservative-treated lumber or plywood shall contain the following information:
- Identification of the treating plant.
- Type of preservative.
- The minimum preservative retention.
- End use for which the product was treated.
- Standard to which the product was treated.
- Identity of the approved inspection agency.
- The designation "Dry," if applicable.
Exception: Quality marks on lumber less than 1 inch (25 mm) nominal thickness, or lumber less than nominal 1 inch by 5 inches (25 mm by 127 mm) or 2 inches by 4 inches (51 mm by 102 mm) or lumber 36 inches (914 mm) or less in length shall be applied by stamping the faces of exterior pieces or by end labeling not less than 25 percent of the pieces of a bundled unit.