403.12.2 Public Safety Plan for Gatherings
Where the fire code official determines that an indoor or outdoor gathering of persons has an adverse impact on public safety through diminished access to buildings, structures, fire hydrants and fire apparatus access roads or where such gatherings adversely affect public safety services of any kind, the fire code official shall have the authority to order the development of or prescribe a public safety plan that provides an approved level of public safety and addresses the following items:
- Emergency vehicle ingress and egress.
- Fire protection.
- Emergency egress or escape routes.
- Emergency medical services.
- Public assembly areas.
- The directing of both attendees and vehicles, including the parking of vehicles.
- Vendor and food concession distribution.
- The need for the presence of law enforcement.
- The need for fire and emergency medical services personnel.
- The need for a weather monitoring person.