- Anyone wishing to provide written or oral comment on a recommendation of the code advisory committee(s) and/or on a proposed building standard or the repeal of an existing building standard may do so in accordance with this section. The Commission, or state proposing agency, shall consider public comments received during a public comment period announced by a Notice of Proposed Action.
- When no public hearing is scheduled as part of a public comment period, a public hearing may be requested. Upon written request received, no later than 15 days prior to the close of the public comment period, a public hearing pursuant to Government Code Section 11346.8 shall be held by the Commission when the Commission is the proposing agency, or state proposing agency responsible for the proposal, to receive comment on the proposed building standard or repeal of an existing building standard, its justification or code advisory committee recommendations. At the hearing statements, arguments, or comments, either oral or in writing, or both, shall be permitted.
- The Commission provides a suggested public comment form at the Commission's website (www.dgs.ca.gov/bsc).
- A written or oral public comment submitted pursuant to this section shall refer to a specific recommendation made by a code advisory committee on a proposed building standard or repeal of an existing building standard. The public comment shall clearly indicate the action desired and include a substantiating reason for the desired action based on the Nine-Point Criteria in Health and Safety Code Section 18930.
- The Commission shall make available to the public upon request a record of written and oral comments received at the Commission office, or during code advisory committee meetings and meetings and hearings by the Commission, and during public comment periods, in regard to a proposed building standard or the proposed repeal of an existing building standard.
- The Commission and/or state proposing agency, whichever is appropriate, shall consider the comments received during a code advisory committee meeting and during a public comment period from the public pursuant to this section. Any amendments to the proposed building standard or proposed repeal of an existing building standard as a result of the public comment and determinations shall be explained in the Final Statement of Reasons.
Authority: Government Code Section 11346 et seq. and Health and Safety Code Sections 18929.1, 18930, 18934 and 18935.
Reference: Government Code Section 11346 et seq. and Health and Safety Code Sections 18929.1, 18930, 18934 and 18935.