1-411 Public Comment Rulemaking File Submitted by a State Proposing Agency
- Public comment periods, including 45-day and 15-day periods, shall be conducted according to Article 5 (commencing with Section 11346) of Chapter 3.5 of Part 1 of Division 3 of Title 2 of the Government Code.
- One (1) copy of the Notice of Proposed Action.
- Two (2) copies of the 45-Day Express Terms, including any amendments made to address code advisory committee recommendations.
- Two (2) copies of the Initial Statement of Reasons, including explanations of any revisions suggested in the 45-Day Express Terms to address code advisory committee recommendations.
- All other items required by Section 1-407 that have been amended since the initial rulemaking file was submitted for Code Advisory Committee review.
- One (1) electronic file copy of each document submitted, which shall be suitable for immediate placement on the Commission's website (www.dgs.ca.gov/bsc) for public viewing.
- Verify the rulemaking items submitted by the state proposing agency are posted and available to the public on the Commission's website (www.dgs.ca.gov/bsc).
- Distribute the Notice of Proposed Action to the parties on record with the state proposing agency that have requested to receive proposed rulemaking documents.
- Provide printed or electronic files of the rulemaking documents described in the Notice of Proposed Action, if requested.
- Maintain all written public comments received during the public comment periods in preparation for developing the final rulemaking file for submittal to the Commission for adoption.
- Public comments received by a state proposing agency shall be forwarded to the Commission.
- Coordinate with the Commission should it be necessary to conduct additional 45-day and/or 15-day public comment periods.
Authority: Government Code Section 11346 et seq. and Health and Safety Code Sections 18929.1, 18930, 18934, 18935 and 18949.6.
Reference: Government Code Section 11346 et seq. and Health and Safety Code Sections 18929.1, 18930, 18934, 18935 and 18949.6.