2407.4.1 Protection for Automated Liquid Electrostatic Spray Application Equipment
Automated liquid electrostatic spray application equipment shall be protected by the installation of an approved, supervised flame detection apparatus that shall, in the event of ignition, react to the presence of flame within 0.5 second and shall accomplish all of the following:
- Activation of a local alarm in the vicinity of the spraying operation and activation of the building alarm system, if such a system is provided.
- Shutting down of the coating material delivery system.
- Termination of all spray application operations.
- Stopping of conveyors into and out of the flammable vapor areas.
- Disconnection of power to the high-voltage elements in the flammable vapor areas and disconnection of power to the system.