// CODE SNIPPET
407.4.3 Projections in Nursing Home Corridors
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
In Group I-2, Condition 1 occupancies, where the corridor width is not less than 96 inches (2440 mm), projections shall be permitted for furniture where all of the following criteria are met:
- The furniture is attached to the floor or to the wall.
- The furniture does not reduce the clear width of the corridor to less than 72 inches (1830 mm) except where other encroachments are permitted in accordance with Section 1005.7.
- The furniture is positioned on only one side of the corridor.
- Each arrangement of furniture is 50 square feet (4.6 m2) maximum in area.
- Furniture arrangements are separated by 10 feet (3048 mm) minimum.
- Placement of furniture is considered as part of the fire and safety plans in accordance with Section 1002.2.