This section has been amended at the state or city level.
A nail salon that files or shapes an acrylic nail shall provide each manicure station with a source capture system in accordance with Table 403.3.1.1, note h. For a manicure table that does not have factory-installed source capture system inlets for recirculating or exhausting air, a nail salon shall provide the manicure table with inlets for recirculating or exhausting air located not more than 12 inches (305 mm) horizontally and vertically from the point of any acrylic chemical application.
Exception: Section 502.20 applies to a manicure station in:
- an existing nail salon that remodels the nail salon after July 1, 2017;
- a new nail salon that begins construction after July 1, 2017; and
- all nail salons beginning on July 1, 2020.
Energy recovery ventilation systems shall not be used in the following systems:
- Hazardous exhaust systems covered in Section 510.
- Dust, stock and refuse systems that convey explosive or flammable vapors, fumes or dust.
- Smoke control systems covered in Section 513.
- Commercial kitchen exhaust systems serving Type I or Type II hoods.
- Clothes dryer exhaust systems covered in Section 504.