// CODE SNIPPET
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
- Use alternative methods to avoid hot work where possible.
- Analyze the hazards prior to performing hot work, identify the potential hazards and the methods of hazard control.
- Hot work shall conform to the requirements of the code or standard to which the container was originally fabricated.
- Test the immediate and surrounding work area with a combustible gas detector and provide for a means of continuing monitoring while conducting the hot work.
- Qualified employees and contractors performing hot work shall use an industry-approved hot work permit system to control the work.
- Personnel shall be properly trained on hot work policies and procedures regarding equipment, safety, hazard controls and job-specific requirements.
- On-site safety supervision shall be present where hot work is in progress to protect the personnel conducting the hot work and provide additional overview of site-specific hazards.