// CODE SNIPPET
1206.0 Pressure and Safety Devices
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Each closed hydronic system shall be protected against pressures exceeding design limitations with not less than one pressure relief valve. Each closed section of the system containing a heat source shall have a relief valve located so that the heat source is not capable of being isolated from a relief device. Pressure relief valves shall be installed in accordance with their listing and the manufacturer's installation instructions.
The discharge piping serving a temperature relief valve, pressure relief valve, or combination of both shall have no valves, obstructions, or means of isolation and be provided with the following:
- Equal to the size of the valve outlet and shall discharge full size to the flood level of the area receiving the discharge and pointing down.
- Materials shall be rated at not less than the operating temperature of the system and approved for such use.
- Discharge pipe shall discharge independently by gravity through an air gap into the drainage system or outside of the building with the end of the pipe not exceeding 2 feet (610 mm) and not less than 6 inches (152 mm) above the ground and pointing downwards.
- Discharge in such a manner that does not cause personal injury or structural damage.
- No part of such discharge pipe shall be trapped or subject to freezing.
- The terminal end of the pipe shall not be threaded.
- Discharge from a relief valve into a water heater pan shall be prohibited.
Related Code Sections
1206.0 Hydronics, Pressure and Safety Devices
a relief device. Pressure relief valves shall be installed in accordance with their listing and the manufacturer's installation instructions ...
1101.1 Refrigeration, Applicability
Part I governs the design, installation, and construction of refrigeration systems, equipment, refrigerant piping, pressure vessels, safety devices ...
1116.2 Refrigeration, Field Tests
of the pressure-relief device. Exceptions: Compressors, condensers, evaporators, coded pressure vessels, safety devices, pressure gauges, control ...
2018 Uniform Mechanical Code of Nevada > 11 Refrigeration > 1116.0 Testing of Refrigeration Equipment > 1116.2 Field Tests
10.4.2 Other Equipment, Service Water Pressure-Booster Systems
the pressure of all of the water supplied by any booster system pump or booster system , except for safety devices. No booster system pumps shall ...
Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings 2016 of Nevada > 10 Other Equipment > 10.4 Mandatory Provisions > 10.4.2 Service Water Pressure-Booster Systems
505.2 Water Heaters, Safety Devices
to the primary temperature controls, an over-temperature safety protection device that complies with and is installed in accordance with nationally ...
2018 Uniform Plumbing Code of Nevada > 5 Water Heaters > 505.0 Oil-Burning and Other Water Heaters > 505.2 Safety Devices