2303.1.9 Preservative-Treated Wood
Wood required by Section 2304.12 to be preservative treated shall bear the quality mark of an inspection agency that maintains continuing supervision, testing and inspection over the quality of the preservative-treated wood. Inspection agencies for preservative-treated wood shall be listed by an accreditation body that complies with the requirements of the American Lumber Standards Treated Wood Program, or equivalent. The quality mark shall be on a stamp or label affixed to the preservative-treated wood, and shall include the following information:
- Identification of treating manufacturer.
- Type of preservative used.
- Minimum preservative retention (pcf).
- End use for which the product is treated.
- AWPA standard to which the product was treated.
- Identity of the accredited inspection agency.