|NUMBER OF FLOORS|
SUPPORTED BY THE FOOTINGf
For SI: 1 inch = 25.4 mm, 1 foot = 304.8 mm.
- Depth of footings shall be in accordance with Section 1809.4.
- The ground under the floor shall be permitted to be excavated to the elevation of the top of the footing.
- Interior stud-bearing walls shall be permitted to be supported by isolated footings. The footing width and length shall be twice the width shown in this table, and footings shall be spaced not more than 6 feet on center.
- See Section 1905 for additional requirements for concrete footings of structures assigned to Seismic Design Category C, D, E or F.
- For thickness of foundation walls, see Section 1807.1.6.
- Footings shall be permitted to support a roof in addition to the stipulated number of floors. Footings supporting roof only shall be as required for supporting one floor.
- Plain concrete footings for Group R-3 occupancies shall be permitted to be 6 inches thick.