// CODE SNIPPET
R402.3.1 Precast Concrete Foundation Materials
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Materials used to produce precast concrete foundations shall meet the following requirements.
- All concrete used in the manufacture of precast concrete foundations shall have a minimum compressive strength of 5,000 psi (34 470 kPa) at 28 days. Concrete exposed to a freezing and thawing environment shall be air entrained with a minimum total air content of 5 percent.
- Structural reinforcing steel shall meet the requirements of ASTM A615, A706 or A996. The minimum yield strength of reinforcing steel shall be 40,000 psi (Grade 40) (276 MPa). Steel reinforcement for precast concrete foundation walls shall have a minimum concrete cover of 3/4 inch (19.1 mm).
- Panel-to-panel connections shall be made with Grade II steel fasteners.
- The use of nonstructural fibers shall conform to ASTM C1116.
- Grout used for bedding precast foundations placed on concrete footings shall meet ASTM C1107.
Related Code Sections
R402.3.1 Foundations, Precast Concrete Foundation Materials
Materials used to produce precast concrete foundations shall meet the following requirements. All concrete used in the manufacture of precast ...
Residential Code 2018 of Kansas > 4 Foundations > R402 Materials > R402.3 Precast Concrete > R402.3.1 Precast Concrete Foundation Materials
R404.5 Foundations, Precast Concrete Foundation Walls
Precast concrete foundation walls shall be designed in accordance with accepted engineering practice. The design and manufacture of precast concrete ...
Residential Code 2018 of Kansas > 4 Foundations > R404 Foundation and Retaining Walls > R404.5 Precast Concrete Foundation Walls
R405.1.1 Foundations, Precast Concrete Foundation
Precast concrete walls that retain earth and enclose habitable or useable space located below- grade that rest on crushed stone footings shall have ...
Residential Code 2018 of Kansas > 4 Foundations > R405 Foundation Drainage > R405.1 Concrete or Masonry Foundations > R405.1.1 Precast Concrete Foundation
1810.3.5.1 Soils and Foundations, Precast
The minimum lateral dimension of precast concrete deep foundation elements shall be 8 inches (203 mm). Corners of square elements shall be chamfered ...
Building Code 2018 of Kansas > 18 Soils and Foundations > 1810 Deep Foundations > 1810.3 Design and Detailing > 1810.3.5 Dimensions of Deep Foundation Elements > 1810.3.5.1 Precast
1810.3.2.6 Soils and Foundations, Allowable Stresses
The allowable stresses for materials used in deep foundation elements shall not exceed those specified in Table 1810.3.2.6. TABLE 1810.3.2.6 ...
Building Code 2018 of Kansas > 18 Soils and Foundations > 1810 Deep Foundations > 1810.3 Design and Detailing > 1810.3.2 Materials > 1810.3.2.6 Allowable Stresses