Materials used to produce precast concrete foundations shall meet the following requirements.
- All concrete used in the manufacture of precast concrete foundations shall have a minimum compressive strength of 5,000 psi (34 470 kPa) at 28 days. Concrete exposed to a freezing and thawing environment shall be air entrained with a minimum total air content of 5 percent.
- Structural reinforcing steel shall meet the requirements of ASTM A 615, A 706 or A 996. The minimum yield strength of reinforcing steel shall be 40,000 psi (Grade 40) (276 MPa). Steel reinforcement for precast concrete foundation walls shall have a minimum concrete cover of 3/4 inch (19.1 mm).
- Panel-to-panel connections shall be made with Grade II steel fasteners.
- The use of nonstructural fibers shall conform to ASTM C 1116.
- Grout used for bedding precast foundations placed upon concrete footings shall meet ASTM C 1107.