// CODE SNIPPET
R402.3 Precast Concrete
Jump To Full Code Chapter
R402.3.1 Precast Concrete Foundation Materials
Materials used to produce precast concrete foundations shall meet the following requirements:
- All concrete used in the manufacture of precast concrete foundations shall have a minimum compressive strength of 5,000 psi (34 470 kPa) at 28 days. Concrete exposed to a freezing and thawing environment shall be air entrained with a minimum total air content of 5 percent.
- Structural reinforcing steel shall meet the requirements of ASTM A615, A706M or A996M. The minimum yield strength of reinforcing steel shall be 40,000 psi (Grade 40) (276 MPa). Steel reinforcement for precast concrete foundation walls shall have a minimum concrete cover of 3/4 inch (19.1 mm).
- Panel-to-panel connections shall be made with Grade II steel fasteners.
- The use of nonstructural fibers shall conform to ASTM C1116.
- Grout used for bedding precast foundations placed on concrete footings shall meet ASTM C1107.
Related Code Sections
R402.3 Foundations, Precast Concrete
Precast concrete foundations shall be designed in accordance with Section R404.5 and shall be installed in accordance with the provisions ...
1901.7.2 Concrete, Precast Concrete Tolerances
Structural tolerances for precast concrete structural elements shall be in accordance with ACI ITG-7. Exception: Group R-3 detached one- or two ...
13.4.5 Foundations, Precast Concrete Piles
Precast concrete piles supporting buildings assigned to SDC A or B shall satisfy the requirements of 188.8.131.52 through 184.108.40.206 ...
18.12.11 Earthquake-Resistant Structures, Precast Concrete Diaphragms
Diaphragms and collectors constructed using precast concrete members with composite topping slab and not satisfying 18.12.4, and untopped precast ...
220.127.116.11 Earthquake-Resistant Structures, Precast Concrete Piles
For precast concrete driven piles, the length of transverse reinforcement provided shall be sufficient to account for potential variations ...