Materials used to produce precast concrete foundations shall meet the following requirements.
- All concrete used in the manufacture of precast concrete foundations shall have a minimum compressive strength of 5,000 psi (34 470 kPa) at 28 days. Concrete exposed to a freezing and thawing environment shall be air entrained with a minimum total air content of 5 percent.
- Structural reinforcing steel shall meet the requirements of ASTM A615, A706 or A996. The minimum yield strength of reinforcing steel shall be 40,000 psi (Grade 40) (276 MPa). Steel reinforcement for precast concrete foundation walls shall have a minimum concrete cover of 3/4 inch (19.1 mm).
- Panel-to-panel connections shall be made with Grade II steel fasteners.
- The use of nonstructural fibers shall conform to ASTM C1116.
- Grout used for bedding precast foundations placed upon concrete footings shall meet ASTM C1107.