3504.3.1 Pre-Hot-Work Check
A pre-hot-work check shall be conducted prior to work to ensure that all equipment is safe and hazards are recognized and protected. A report of the check shall be kept at the work site during the work and available upon request. The pre-hot-work check shall determine all of the following:
- Hot work equipment to be used shall be in satisfactory operating condition and in good repair.
- Hot work site is clear of combustibles or combustibles are protected.
- Exposed construction is of noncombustible materials or, if combustible, then protected.
- Openings are protected.
- Floors are kept clean.
- Exposed combustibles are not located on the opposite side of partitions, walls, ceilings or floors.
- Fire watches, where required, are assigned.
- Approved actions have been taken to prevent accidental activation of suppression and detection equipment in accordance with Sections 3504.1.8 and 3504.1.9.
- Fire extinguishers and fire hoses (where provided) are operable and available.