// CODE SNIPPET
Section 92.0107 Power to Seal Equipment Out of Service and Stop Work
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The Department shall have the power to order the use of any equipment regulated by this Code discontinued for the following reasons:
- When in case of emergency, in the opinion of the Safety Engineer, any device covered by this Code is in a condition rendering it unsafe for operation.
- For willful failure to comply with requirements issued by the Department for the correction of violations.
- For failure to pay fees prior to the issuance of any permit to operate an elevator. Failure to obtain proper permits and to pay permit fees and inspection fee within 60 days after notification shall constitute cause for the Department to prohibit the use of the elevator.
- Whenever any construction or work is being done contrary to the provisions of any law, ordinance, rule, regulation or safety standard enforced by the Department, the Superintendent of Building shall issue a written notice to the responsible party to stop work on that portion of the work on which the violation has occurred. The notice shall state the nature of the violation, and no work shall be done on that portion until the violation has been corrected and approval obtained from the Department.
- The owner of any building for which equipment regulated by this Code is installed shall notify the Department in writing within 30 days of any change of ownership, managing company or change of address of the party responsible for the equipment.
Related Code Sections
Section 92.0107 Administration, Power to Seal Equipment Out of Service and Stop Work
The Department shall have the power to order the use of any equipment regulated by this Code discontinued for the following reasons: When ...
Los Angeles Elevator Code > 1 Administration > 1 General > 92.0107 Power to Seal Equipment Out of Service and Stop Work
901.7 Fire Protection Systems, Systems Out of Service
Where a required fire protection system is out of service, the fire department and the fire code official shall be notified immediately and, where ...
2407.4.1 Flammable Finishes, Protection for Automated Liquid Electrostatic Spray Application Equipment
of the coating material delivery system. Termination of all spray application operations. Stopping of conveyors into and out of the flammable vapor areas ...
2017 LA City Fire Code > 24 Flammable Finishes > 2407 Electrostatic Apparatus > 2407.4 Fire Protection > 2407.4.1 Protection for Automated Liquid Electrostatic Spray Application Equipment
Section 92.0206 General, Mechanical Locks and Electric Contacts
, and the elevator unit sealed and taken out of service ...