Section 3108B Pool Construction
The pool shall be built of reinforced concrete or material equivalent in strength, watertight and able to withstand anticipated stresses under both full and empty conditions taking into consideration factors such as climatic effects, geological conditions and integration of the pool with other structures.
The finish color shall be white except for the following which shall be of contrasting color:
- Lane and other required pool markings described in Section 3110B; and
- The top surface edges of benches in spa pools; and
- The edge of pool steps; and
- Tiles installed at the waterline; and
- Tiles installed at the 41/2-foot (1372 mm) depth line.
Exception: A spa pool may be finished in a light color other than white when approved by the enforcing agent.