// CODE SNIPPET
188.8.131.52 Plans and Specifications
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Plans and specifications shall be submitted for review and approval prior to the installation or construction of a motor vehicle fuel dispensing station.
For each type of fuel dispensing facility, plans and specifications shall also include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Type and design of underground and aboveground liquid storage tanks
- Quantity and types of liquids to be stored
- Location and design of the fuel dispensers and dispenser nozzles
- Distances from dispensers to tanks, property lines, and buildings
- Vehicle access
- Fire appliances
- Vehicle impact protection
- Method of storage and dispensing
- Overfill prevention
- Spill containment
- Vapor recovery
- Other equipment and accessories
- Seismic design in accordance with the building code
- Secondary containment
- Design and specifications for related piping, valves, and fittings
- Location and classification of electrical equipment, including emergency fuel shutdown devices
- Specifications for fuel storage and venting components
- Other information as required by the AHJ
Related Code Sections
1.7.12 Administration, Plans and Specifications
The AHJ shall have the authority to require plans and specifications to ensure compliance with applicable codes and standards ...
Fire Code 2018 of West Virginia > 1 Administration > 1.7 Authority > 1.7.12 Plans and Specifications
4184.108.40.206 Gas Piping Installations, Plans and Specifications
A drawing illustrating the location of the vessel support, piping , the method of grounding and bonding, and other requirements specified herein ...
Fuel Gas Code 2015 of West Virginia > 4 Gas Piping Installations > 413 (IFGC) Compressed Natural Gas Motor Vehicle Fuel-Dispensing Facilities > 413.9 Discharge of CNG From Motor Vehicle Fuel Storage Containers > 413.9.2 Atmospheric Venting > 4220.127.116.11 Plans and Specifications
18.104.22.168 Refueling, Plans and Specifications
Plans and specifications shall be submitted for review and approval prior to the installation or construction of a motor vehicle fuel dispensing ...
Fire Code 2018 of West Virginia > 42 Refueling > 42.2 Automotive Fuel Servicing > 42.2.2 General Requirements > 22.214.171.124 Plans and Specifications