42.4 Piping for Liquids
Exception No. 1: Where dispensing is from a floating structure or pier, approved oil-resistant flexible hose shall be permitted to be used between shore piping and the piping on the floating structure or pier and between separate sections of the floating structure to accommodate changes in water level or shoreline, provided that the hose is either resistant to or shielded from damage by fire.
Exception No. 2: Low melting point rigid piping shall be permitted to be used between underground shore piping and a floating structure or pier and on the floating structure or pier itself, provided that the piping is protected from physical damage and stresses arising from impact, settlement, vibration, expansion, contraction, or tidal action and provided that the hose is either resistant to or shielded from damage by fire exposure. [30A:5.2.1]
- Belowgrade underground tank sumps that are fitted with a cover
- Belowgrade piping connection sumps that are fitted with a cover
- Containment sumps, under the following conditions:
- The sump is monitored to detect any leaks.
- Any leaks can be controlled.
- The components are either resistant to or shielded from damage by fire exposure.
- Containment sumps, provided the piping components can successfully pass the test procedures described in API 607, Fire Test for Soft-Seated Quarter-Turn Valves