// CODE SNIPPET
1230.1.11 Physical Activity and Recreation Areas
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Indoor / outdoor physical activity and recreation areas shall be designed as follows:
1. Facility capacity Minimum indoor outdoor recreation space 40 or less 9,000 square feet (836 m2) 41 to 274 225 square feet (21 m2) perminor up to 61,650 square feet (5727 m2) 275 or more 61,650 square feet (5727 m2), plus 145 square feet (13.47 m2) for each minor beyond 274 [up to a maximum of 87,120 square feet (8093 m2)]
- 1.1. At least one quarter of the dedicated indoor/outdoor space shall be a paved or like surface.
- 1.2. The required recreation area shall contain no single dimension less than 40 feet (12.2 m).
- A portion of the dedicated space for physical activity and recreation shall be out-of-doors and be of sufficient size and equipped in such a manner to allow compliance with Title 15, Section 1371, which requires at least one hour per day of outdoor activity for each detained minor.
- Lighting of outdoor recreation areas shall be provided to allow for evening activities and to provide security.
- Access must be provided to a toilet, wash basin and drinking fountain as specified in Section 1230.2.
Related Code Sections
1230.1.11 Interior Environment, Physical Activity and Recreation Areas
Indoor / outdoor physical activity and recreation areas shall be designed as follows: 1. Facility capacity Minimum indoor outdoor ...
Los Angeles Building Code > 12 Interior Environment > 1230 [BSCC] Minimum Standards for Juvenile Facilities > 1230.1 Design Criteria for Required Spaces > 1230.1.11 Physical Activity and Recreation Areas
1220.127.116.11 Interior Environment, Activity Programming Space
Designated activity areas appropriate to independent and group needs of patients shall be provided as follows ...
Los Angeles Building Code > 12 Interior Environment > 1225 [OSHPD 2] Skilled Nursing and Intermediate-Care Facilities > 1225.5 Skilled Nursing Unit Models > 1225.5.1 Medical Model > 118.104.22.168 Activity Programming Space