// CODE SNIPPET
1312.1 Permitted Locations for Medical Gas
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Central supply systems and medical gas outlets for oxygen, medical air, nitrous oxide, carbon dioxide, and all other patient medical gases shall be piped only into areas where the gases will be used under the direction of licensed medical professionals for purposes congruent with the following:
- Direct respiration by patients.
- Clinical application of the gas to a patient, such as the use of an insufflator to inject carbon dioxide into patient body cavities during laparoscopic surgery and carbon dioxide used to purge heart-lung machine blood flow ways.
- Medical device applications directly related to respiration.
- Power for medical devices used directly on patients.
- Calibration of medical devices intended for Section 1312.1(1) through Section 1312.1(4). [NFPA 99:22.214.171.124.2]