[A] 106.2 Permits Not Required
Permits shall not be required for the following:
- Portable heating appliances.
- Portable ventilation appliances and equipment.
- Portable cooling units.
- Steam, hot water or chilled water piping within any heating or cooling equipment or appliances regulated by this code.
- The replacement of any minor part that does not alter the approval of equipment or an appliance or make such equipment or appliance unsafe.
- Portable evaporative coolers.
- Self-contained refrigeration systems that contain 10 pounds (4.5 kg) or less of refrigerant, or that are actuated by motors of 1 horsepower (0.75 kW) or less.
- Portable fuel cell appliances that are not connected to a fixed piping system and are not interconnected to a power grid.
Exemption from the permit requirements of this code shall not be deemed to grant authorization for work to be done in violation of the provisions of this code or other laws or ordinances of this jurisdiction.