// CODE SNIPPET
304.3.1.2 Permanent Ladders
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Permanent ladders required by Section 304.3.1.1 shall be constructed in accordance with the following:
- Side railings shall extend not less than 30 inches (762 mm) above the roof or parapet wall.
- Landings shall not exceed 18 feet (5486 mm) apart measured from the finished grade.
- Width shall be not less than 14 inches (356 mm) on center.
- Rungs spacing shall not exceed 12 inches (305 mm) on center, and each rung shall be capable of supporting a 300 pound (136.1 kg) load.
- Toe space shall be not less than 6 inches (152 mm).