A partial certificate of occupancy may be issued to a specific floor or floors of an existing building erected prior to January 1, 1938 subject to the following conditions:
- The building does not have and is not otherwise required to have a certificate of occupancy or certificate of completion, if applicable.
- The floor or floors for which a certificate of occupancy is issued shall not constitute more than 50 percent of the gross floor area of the building.
- The building is of noncombustible construction and protected with an automatic sprinkler system.
- Adequate means of egress are provided from all floors.
- Upon inspection, the building is deemed safe for occupancy.