The following provisions shall apply to any #group parking facility# in the Core and South Subdistricts:
- Design requirements for enclosed #group parking
All enclosed #group parking facilities# shall be located either entirely below the level of an adjacent sidewalk or any other adjacent pedestrian area required to be accessible to the public or, when located above grade, shall comply with the following:
- #Group parking facilities# on the #ground floor level# within 30 feet of #street walls# subject to the provisions of Section 87-411 (Ground floor uses) shall be wrapped by #floor area# in accordance with the provisions of paragraph (a) of Section 37-35 (Parking Wrap and Screening Requirements). For the purpose of applying such provisions, #street walls# subject to the provisions of Section 87-411 shall be considered designated retail streets.
- #Group parking facilities# along all other frontages shall either be wrapped by #floor area#, or screened in accordance with the provisions of paragraph (e) of Section 87-415. In addition, any continuous stretch of screening that exceeds 25 feet in width shall provide planting in accordance with the provisions of paragraph (a) of Section 87-415 (Special streetscape provisions for certain blank walls) along 50 percent of such screened frontage.
- Open parking areas
Open parking areas shall be permitted only in the following locations:
- on Parcel 1, as shown on Map 1 in the Appendix to this Chapter, a parking lot shall be permitted east of the #Major Deegan Expressway street line#;
- on Parcel 5, as shown on Map 1, a parking lot shall be permitted anywhere within the parcel only if a commercial or public utility vehicle storage #use#, as listed in Use Group 16C, is #developed# or #enlarged# as the primary #use# on the parcel;
- on Parcel 6, a parking lot shall be permitted within 130 feet of the southern boundary of the parcel with East 138th Street; and
- on all parcels, open, unscreened, in tandem (one behind the other), #accessory# off-street parking spaces shall be permitted on private roads, including fire apparatus access roads provided pursuant to the provisions of Section 87-61 (Special Provisions for Certain Fire Apparatus Access Roads), provided that all parking spaces comply with the Department of Transportation standards for on-street parking.