Section 1106 Parking and Passenger Loading Facilities
Where parking is provided, accessible parking spaces shall be provided in compliance with Table 1106.1, except as required by Sections 1106.2 through 1106.4. Where more than one parking facility is provided on a site, the number of parking spaces required to be accessible shall be calculated separately for each parking facility.
Exception: This section does not apply to parking spaces used exclusively for buses, trucks, other delivery vehicles, law enforcement vehicles or vehicular impound and motor pools where lots accessed by the public are provided with an accessible passenger loading zone.
ACCESSIBLE PARKING SPACES
|TOTAL PARKING |
IN PARKING FACILITIES
|REQUIRED MINIMUM NUMBER OF |
|1 to 25||1|
|26 to 50||2|
|51 to 75||3|
|76 to 100||4|
|101 to 150||5|
|151 to 200||6|
|201 to 300||7|
|301 to 400||8|
|401 to 500||9|
|501 to 1,000||2% of total|
|1,001 and over||20, plus one for each 100, |
or fraction thereof, over 1,000
Accessible parking spaces shall be provided in Group I-1, R-1, R-2, R-3 and R-4 occupancies in accordance with Items 1 through 4 as applicable.
- In Group R-2, R-3 and R-4 occupancies that are required to have Accessible, Type A or Type B dwelling units or sleeping units, at least 2 percent, but not less than one, of each type of parking space provided shall be accessible.
- In Group I-1 and R-1 occupancies, accessible parking shall be provided in accordance with Table 1106.1.
- Where at least one parking space is provided for each dwelling unit or sleeping unit, at least one accessible parking space shall be provided for each Accessible and Type A unit.
- Where parking is provided within or beneath a building, accessible parking spaces shall be provided within or beneath the building.
For every six or fraction of six accessible parking spaces, at least one shall be a van-accessible parking space.
Exception: In Group U private garages that serve Group R-2 and R-3 occupancies, van-accessible spaces shall be permitted to have vehicular routes, entrances, parking spaces and access aisles with a minimum vertical clearance of 7 feet (2134 mm).
Accessible parking spaces shall be located on the shortest accessible route of travel from adjacent parking to an accessible building entrance. In parking facilities that do not serve a particular building, accessible parking spaces shall be located on the shortest route to an accessible pedestrian entrance to the parking facility. Where buildings have multiple accessible entrances with adjacent parking, accessible parking spaces shall be dispersed and located near the accessible entrances.
- In multilevel parking structures, van-accessible parking spaces are permitted on one level.
- Accessible parking spaces shall be permitted to be located in different parking facilities if substantially equivalent or greater accessibility is provided in terms of distance from an accessible entrance or entrances, parking fee and user convenience.