R703.8.1 Pan Flashing of Windows and Doors
Pan flashing shall be installed in accordance with the fenestration manufacturer's installation and flashing instructions. Where flashing instructions or details are not provided, pan flashing shall be installed at the sill of exterior window and door openings. Pan flashing shall be sealed or sloped in such a manner as to direct water to the surface of the exterior wall finish or to the water-resistive barrier for subsequent drainage.
- Windows or doors installed in accordance with the manufacturer's installation instructions which include an alternate flashing method.
- Windows or doors in detached accessory structures.
- Skylights, bow or bay windows.
- Doors required to meet accessibility requirements that would prevent the installation of pan flashing.
- Repairs or replacement of existing windows and doors.
- When a method is provided by a registered design professional.