// CODE SNIPPET
(5) Outside Taps of Unlimited Length
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Where the conductors are located outside of a building or structure, except at the point of load termination, and comply with all of the following conditions:
- The tap conductors are protected from physical damage in an approved manner.
- The tap conductors terminate at a single circuit breaker or a single set of fuses that limits the load to the ampacity of the tap conductors. This single overcurrent device shall be permitted to supply any number of additional overcurrent devices on its load side.
- The overcurrent device for the tap conductors is an integral part of a disconnecting means or shall be located immediately adjacent thereto.
- The disconnecting means for the tap conductors is installed at a readily accessible location complying with one of the following:
Related Code Sections
(5) Wiring and Protection, Outside Taps of Unlimited Length
complying with one of the following: Outside of a building or structure Inside, nearest the point of entrance of the tap conductors Where installed ...
National Electrical Code 2020 of Minnesota > 2 Wiring and Protection > 240 Overcurrent Protection > 240.21 Location in Circuit > (B) Feeder Taps > (5) Outside Taps of Unlimited Length
430.28 Equipment for General Use, Feeder Taps
) in length, and, for field installation, be protected by an overcurrent device on the line side of the tap conductor, the rating or setting of which ...
National Electrical Code 2020 of Minnesota > 4 Equipment for General Use > 430 Motors, Motor Circuits, and Controllers > 430.28 Feeder Taps
382.56 Wiring Methods and Materials, Splices and Taps
Extensions shall consist of a continuous unbroken length of the assembly, without splices, and without exposed conductors between fittings ...
National Electrical Code 2020 of Minnesota > 3 Wiring Methods and Materials > 382 Nonmetallic Extensions > 382.56 Splices and Taps
(C) Equipment for General Use, Tap Conductors
Tap conductors of a type suitable for the temperature encountered shall be permitted to run from the luminaire terminal connection to an outlet box ...
National Electrical Code 2020 of Minnesota > 4 Equipment for General Use > 410 Luminaires, Lampholders, and Lamps > 410.117 Wiring > (C) Tap Conductors
(B) Wiring Methods and Materials, Taps
Taps shall be made between any phase conductor and the grounded conductor or any other phase conductor by means of devices and fittings identified ...
National Electrical Code 2020 of Minnesota > 3 Wiring Methods and Materials > 322 Flat Cable Assemblies: Type FC > 322.56 Splices and Taps > (B) Taps