If outpatient surgery is performed in the out patient service area, the following shall be provided:
- An operating room(s) with a minimum clear floor area of 270 square feet (25.08 m2), no dimension of which shall be less than 15 feet (4572 mm).
- Preoperative patient holding shall be provided in accordance with Section 1224.16.2.
- A postanesthesia recovery area which meets the requirements of Section 1224.16.
- Each surgical unit shall provide a separate cleanup room separated from any surgical sterilizing facilities. The cleanup room shall provide 24 square feet (2.2 m2) per operating room up to eight operating rooms and shall have the minimum area of 48 square feet (4.5 m2), with no dimension less than 6 feet (1829 mm).
- Scrub sinks which meet the requirements of Section 122.214.171.124.
- Service areas which meet the requirements of Section 1224.15.3.
- A housekeeping room shall be provided for the exclusive use of outpatient surgery. It shall be directly accessible from the service area.