// CODE SNIPPET
G24126.96.36.199 (406.7.1.3) Outdoor Discharge of Purged Gases
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The open end of a piping system being pressure vented or purged shall discharge directly to an outdoor location. Purging operations shall comply will all of the following requirements:
- The point of discharge shall be controlled with a shutoff valve.
- The point of discharge shall be located not less than 10 feet (3048 mm) from sources of ignition, not less than 10 feet (3048 mm) from building openings and not less than 25 feet (7620 mm) from mechanical air intake openings.
- During discharge, the open point of discharge shall be continuously attended and monitored with a combustible gas indicator that complies with Section G24188.8.131.52.
- Purging operations introducing fuel gas shall be stopped when 90 percent fuel gas by volume is detected within the pipe.
- Persons not involved in the purging operations shall be evacuated from all areas within 10 feet (3048 mm) of the point of discharge.