// CODE SNIPPET
1220.127.116.11 Outdoor Activity Area
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
An outdoor activity area shall be provided. Outdoor areas shall meet the following requirements:
- Fences and walls shall be designed to:
- Be installed with tamper-resistant hardware.
- Have a minimum height of 10 feet (3048 mm) above the outdoor area elevation.
- Be anchored and constructed to withstand the body force of a 350-pound (158-kg) person.
- If provided, gates or doors in the fence or wall
- Swing away from the outdoor activity area.
- Have the hinge installed on the outside of the outdoor activity area.
- Be provided with a locking mechanism that has been coordinated with egress requirements of Section 1004.5, Outdoor areas.
- Lights shall not be accessible to patients. Lighting in the outdoor activity area shall not be pole mounted.
- If provided, security cameras shall not be accessible to patients and cameras shall view the entire outdoor activity area.
- If provided, furniture shall be secured from movement. Furniture shall not be placed in locations where it can be used to climb the fence or wall.