// CODE SNIPPET
901.7.7 Out-Of-Service Standpipe Systems at Construction Sites
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The owner, fire safety manager and/or impairment coordinator shall take the following actions whenever a standpipe system at a construction site is out of service:
- Immediately notify the department of any unplanned out-of-service condition, and otherwise comply with the requirements of FC901.7.4.
- Notify the department at least 24 hours prior to any planned removal of the standpipe system from service, and otherwise comply with the requirements of FC901.7.3.
- Ensure that a fire watch is continuously maintained in compliance with the requirements of FC901.7.2 while the standpipe system is out of service.
- Repair the standpipe system and return it to service in compliance with the requirements of FC901.7.6 and Section 3303.8.1 of the Building Code. The construction site may continue to be occupied, and construction, demolition or alteration activities may continue, pending such repair and restoration to service, except:
- as otherwise provided in Section 3303.8.1 of the Building Code; and/or
- as otherwise directed by the commissioner upon a determination that, in the absence of an operable standpipe system, the conduct of certain construction, demolition or alteration activities would be imminently perilous to life or property; and
- that in no circumstance shall hot work be conducted on the construction site until such time as the standpipe system is restored to service and the standpipe alarm reactivated.