// CODE SNIPPET
2.2-18.104.22.168 Other Observation Unit Support Areas
Jump To Full Code Chapter
The observation unit shall either contain or, if it is an extension of an adjacent clinical unit, shall be permitted to share the following:
- Nurse or supervisor work space. A minimum of one nurse or supervisor work space shall be provided.
- Medication safety zone. See Section 2.1-2.8.8 (Medication Safety Zones) for requirements.
- Clean workroom or clean supply room. A clean workroom or clean supply room shall be provided in accordance with Section 2.1-2.8.11 (Clean Workroom or Clean Supply Room).
- Soiled workroom or soiled holding room. A soiled workroom or soiled holding room shall be provided in accordance with Section 2.1-2.8.12 (Soiled Workroom or Soiled Holding Room).
- Environmental services room. An environmental services room shall be available in accordance with Section 2.1-2.8.14 (Environmental Services Room).
- Examination room
- An examination room shall be provided in accordance with the requirements of Section 2.1-3.2 (Examination Room or Emergency Department Treatment Room).
- Omission of the examination room shall be permitted if all patient care stations are single-patient rooms.
- A picture archiving and communications system (PACS) and/or x-ray illuminators. These shall be immediately accessible to the observation unit.
Related Code Sections
2.2-22.214.171.124 Specific Requirements for General Hospitals, Other Observation Unit Support Areas
The observation unit shall either contain or, if it is an extension of an adjacent clinical unit, shall be permitted to share the following ...
2.2-2.5.8 Specific Requirements for General Hospitals, Support Areas for the Intermediate Care Unit
-2.8 (Support Areas for Patient Care Units and Other Patient Care Areas) in addition to the requirements in this section ...
2.7-3.2 Specific Requirements for Children's Hospitals, Observation Unit
Where an observation unit is included in the children's hospital, it shall be provided in accordance with Section 2.2-3.2 (Observation Unit ...
*2.2-126.96.36.199 Specific Requirements for General Hospitals, Administrative Center or Nurse Station
and all patient care stations in the critical care unit. Such observation shall provide a view of the patient while the patient is in bed. A2.2 ...
2.3-3.5.4 Specific Requirements for Freestanding Emergency Care Facilities, Observation Beds
At least one observation bed with full cardiac monitoring that meets the requirements in Section 2.2-3.2.2 (Observation Unit-Patient Care Stations ...