The operations and maintenance manual shall identify system and component commissioning requirements and the required interactions between these systems. The manual shall identify for the facility owner and the facility operator those actions that need to be performed on a regular basis to ensure that the components of the performance-based design are in place and operating properly. Furthermore, the operations and maintenance manual shall identify the restrictions or limitations placed upon the use and operation of the facility in order to stay within the bounding conditions of the performance-based design. The operations and maintenance manual shall be submitted at the time of the design documents submittal, unless the code official approves another time based upon the type of project and data needed for a composite review. The operations and maintenance manual shall address but not be limited to the following:
- Description of critical systems.
- Description of required system interactions.
- Occupant responsibilities.
- Occupant and staff training requirements.
- Periodic operational requirements.
- Periodic maintenance requirements.
- Periodic testing requirements.
- Limitations on facility operations
(Due to bounding conditions).
- Report format for recording maintenance and operation data.
- System and component commissioning requirements.