An operation and maintenance manual for gray water, on-site treated nonpotable water, and recycled water supply systems required to have a permit in accordance with Section 1501.3, Section 1503.2 and Section 1504.2 shall be supplied to the building owner by the system designer or installer. The operating and maintenance manual shall include the following:
- Diagram(s) of the entire system and the location of system components
- Instructions on operating and maintaining the system.
- Instructions on maintaining the required water quality for on-site treated nonpotable water systems.
- Details on startup, shutdown, and deactivating the system for maintenance, repair, or other purposes.
- Applicable testing, inspection, and maintenance frequencies in accordance with Section 1501.5 [DWR] or Section 1503.15 as applicable.
- A method of contacting the installer and/or manufacturer(s).
- Directions to the owner or occupant that the manual shall remain with the building throughout the life cycle of the structure.