// CODE SNIPPET
AS107.1.1 One-Hour Rated Clay Plastered Wall
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
- Bales shall be laid flat or on-edge in a running bond.
- Bales shall maintain thickness of not less than 18 inches (457 mm).
- Gaps shall be stuffed with straw-clay.
- Clay plaster on each side of the wall shall be not less than 1 inch (25 mm) thick and shall be composed of a mixture of 3 parts clay, 2 parts chopped straw and 6 parts sand, or an alternative approved clay plaster.
- Plaster application shall be in accordance with Section AS188.8.131.52 for the number and thickness of coats.