An automatic residential fire sprinkler system shall be installed in one- and two-family dwellings.
- An automatic residential fire sprinkler system shall not be required for additions or alterations to existing buildings that are not already provided with an automatic residential sprinkler system.
- Accessory Dwelling Unit, provided that all of the
following are met:
- The unit meets the definition of an Accessory Dwelling Unit as defined in the Government Code Section 65852.2.
- The existing primary residence does not have automatic fire sprinklers.
- The accessory detached dwelling unit does not exceed 1,200 square feet in size.
- The unit is on the same lot as the primary residence.