Offshore MOT moorings shall be designed and analyzed considering the site water depth, metocean environment and class of vessels calling per OCIMF MEG3 [5.4] or UFC 4-152-01 [5.8].
Analysis procedures shall conform to the OCIMF MEG3 [5.4] or UFC 4-159-03 [5.5], and the following:
- A mooring analysis shall be performed for the range of tanker classes and barges calling at each offshore berth.
- Forces acting on moored vessels shall be determined according to Section 3103F.5 and analysis shall consider all possible vessel movements, contribution of buoys, sinkers, catenaries affecting mooring line stiffness and anchorages.
- Correlation of winds, waves and currents shall be considered. The correlation may be estimated by probabilistic analysis of metocean data.
- The actual expected displacement of the vessels shall be used in the analysis.
- Underwater inspections and bathymetry shall be considered.
- Both fully laden and ballast conditions shall be considered.
- Dynamic analysis shall be used to evaluate moorings performance.