Article 605 Office Furnishings
Office Furnishing. Cubicle panels, partitions, study carrels, workstations, desks, shelving systems, and storage units that may be mechanically and electrically interconnected to form an office furnishing system.
Exception: Where permitted by the authority having jurisdiction, these relocatable wired partitions shall be permitted to extend to, but shall not penetrate, the ceiling.
- The cord is extra-hard usage type with 12 AWG or larger conductors, with an insulated equipment grounding conductor.
- The office furnishings are mechanically contiguous.
- The cord is not longer than necessary for maximum positioning of the office furnishing but is in no case to exceed 600 mm (2 ft).
- The cord is terminated at an attachment plug-and-cord connector with strain relief.
- The cord length shall be suitable for the intended application but shall not exceed 2.7 m (9 ft) in length.
- The cord shall not be smaller than 18 AWG.
- The cord shall contain an equipment grounding conductor, except as specified in 605.6(B)(4).
- Cords on the load side of a listed Class 2 power source shall not be required to contain an equipment grounding conductor.
- The cord shall be of the hard usage type, except as specified in 605.6(B)(6).
- A cord provided on a listed Class 2 power source shall be of the type provided with the listed luminaire assembly or of the type specified in 725.130 and 725.127.
- Connection by other means shall be identified as suitable for the conditions of use.