Occupant sensor controls shall be installed to control lights in the following space types:
- Classrooms/lecture/training rooms.
- Conference/meeting/multipurpose rooms.
- Copy/print rooms.
- Employee lunch and break rooms.
- Private offices.
- Storage rooms.
- Janitorial closets.
- Locker rooms.
- Other spaces 300 square feet (28 m2) or less that are enclosed by floor-to-ceiling height partitions.
Occupant sensor controls in spaces other than warehouses specified in Section C405.2.1 shall comply with the following:
- Automatically turn off lights within 30 minutes of all occupants leaving the space.
- Shall incorporate a manual control to allow occupants to turn lights off.
In warehouses, the lighting in aisleways and open areas shall be controlled with occupant sensors that automatically reduce lighting power by not less than 50 percent when the areas are unoccupied. The occupant sensors shall control lighting in each aisleway independently and shall not control lighting beyond the aisleway being controlled by the sensor.