Where an automatic time switch control device is installed to comply with Section 505.2.2.2, Item 1, it shall incorporate an override switching device that:
- Is readily accessible.
- Is located so that a person using the device can see the lights or the area controlled by that switch, or so that the area being lit is annunciated.
- Is manually operated.
- Allows the lighting to remain on for no more than 2 hours when an override is initiated.
- Controls an area not exceeding 5,000 square feet (465 m2).
- In malls and arcades, auditoriums, single-tenant retail spaces, industrial facilities and arenas, where captive-key override is utilized, override time may exceed 2 hours.
- In malls and arcades, auditoriums, single-tenant retail spaces, industrial facilities and arenas, the area controlled shall not exceed 20,000 square feet (1860 m2).