In Group I-2, the required clear width for aisles, corridors and ramps that are part of the required means of egress shall comply with Section 1020.2. The facility shall have a plan to maintain the required clear width during emergency situations.
Exception: In areas required for bed movement, equipment shall be permitted in the required width where all the following provisions are met:
- The equipment is low hazard and wheeled.
- The equipment does not reduce the effective clear width for the means of egress to less than 5 feet (1525 mm).
- 3.1. Equipment and carts in use.
- 3.2. Medical emergency equipment.
- 3.3. Infection control carts.
- 3.4. Patient lift and transportation equipment.
- Medical emergency equipment and patient lift and transportation equipment, when not in use, is required to be located on one side of the corridor.
- The equipment is limited in number to a maximum of one per patient sleeping room or patient care room within each smoke compartment.