// CODE SNIPPET
1126.96.36.199 Nurse Call Systems
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The location of nurse call devices shall comply with Table 1188.8.131.52. The design of call systems shall comply with the California Electrical Code, Part 3 of Title 24.
|AREA DESIGNATION||PATIENT STATION||BATH STATION||STAFF EMERGENCY STATION||CODE CALL STATION||NURSE MASTER STATION||DUTY STATION||NOTES|
|Nursing Unit bed location||●||1, 2, 3, 4|
|Patient showers and baths||●||2|
|Critical care bed locations, including NICU||●||●||●||1, 2, 4, 5|
|LDR/LDRP rooms||●||●||●||1, 2, 3, 4|
|Newborn and special care nurseries||●||●|
|Medication preparation room||●|
|Diagnostic and Treatment Areas|
|Psychiatric seclusion ante/exam rooms||●|
|Cesarean delivery rooms||●||2|
|Emergency exam, treatment, triage rooms||●||●||●||1, 2, 4|
|Observation unit patient station||●|
|Preoperative patient care area||●||●||1, 2|
|MRI, CT, stress testing areas||●||●||2, 4|
|Diagnostic radiology, fluoroscopy and ultrasound procedure rooms||●||2|
|Cardiac catheterization, interventional imaging, angiography||●||●|
|Nuclear medicine procedure room||●||2|
|Endoscopy procedure room||●||2|
|Electroconvulsive therapy procedure room||●|
- One device shall be permitted to accommodate both patient station and emergency staff assistance station functionality.
- A visible signal shall be activated in the corridor at the patient's door, at the nurse/control station, and at all duty stations. In multicorridor nursing units, additional visible signals shall be installed at corridor intersections.
- Two-way voice communication shall be provided with the nurse/control station.
Exception: Skilled nursing facilities.
- One device shall be permitted to accommodate both emergency staff assistance and code call station functionality.
- A patient station shall not be required in the NICU.