The location of nurse call devices shall comply with Table 122.214.171.124. The design of call systems shall comply with the California Electrical Code, Part 3 of Title 24.
[OSHPD 1, 2, 3 & 4] LOCATION OF NURSE CALL DEVICES
KEY: ● Required
|AREA DESIGNATION||PATIENT STATION||BATH STATION||STAFF EMERGENCY STATION||CODE CALL STATION||NURSE MASTER STATION||DUTY STATION||NOTES|
|Nursing Unit bed location||●||1, 2, 3, 4|
|Patient showers and baths||●||2|
|Critical care bed locations, including NICU||●||●||●||1, 2, 4, 5|
|LDR/LDRP rooms||●||●||●||1, 2, 3, 4|
|Newborn and special care nurseries||●||●|
|Medication preparation room||●|
|Diagnostic and Treatment Areas|
|Psychiatric seclusion ante/exam rooms||●|
|Cesarean delivery rooms||●||2|
|Emergency exam, treatment, triage rooms||●||●||●||1, 2, 4|
|Observation unit patient station||●|
|Preoperative patient care area||●||●||1, 2|
|MRI, CT, stress testing areas||●||●||2, 4|
|Diagnostic radiology, fluoroscopy and ultrasound procedure rooms||●||2|
|Cardiac catheterization, interventional imaging, angiography||●||●|
|Nuclear medicine procedure room||●||2|
|Endoscopy procedure room||●||2|
|Electroconvulsive therapy procedure room||●|
- One device shall be permitted to accommodate both patient station and emergency staff assistance station functionality.
- A visible signal shall be activated in the corridor at the patient’s door, at the nurse/control station, and at all duty stations. In multicorridor nursing units, additional visible signals shall be installed at corridor intersections.
- Two-way voice communication shall be provided with the nurse/control station.
- One device shall be permitted to accommodate both emergency staff assistance and code call station functionality.
- A patient station shall not be required in the NICU.