The number of means of egress doors or exits from a room, area, story, or building shall be in accordance with Sections 1104.24.1 through 1104.24.4 and Table 1104.24.
Where two or more means of egress doors or exits are required from a room or area, such doors shall be separated from each other by a distance not less than one-third of the length of the maximum overall diagonal dimension of the area served.
|OCCUPANCY||NUMBER OF OCCUPANTS|
|A, B, E, F, M, S, U||50 occupants|
|H, I, R||10 occupants|
|R (dormitories)||16 occupants (see 1126.96.36.199)|
Dormitory sleeping rooms having an exit doorway direct to the exterior are not required to have a second exit or exit access doorway provided that:
- The room has 16 or fewer occupants;
- The travel distance from any point in the room to the exit doorway does not exceed 30 feet;
- The room is not located more than two stories above grade;
- The room is not located on a level below grade; and
- The room is provided with an emergency escape window in accordance with Sections 1029.2 through 1029.5 and the escape window is separated from the exit doorway in accordance with Section 1015.2.1.